The digital revolution has changed consumer expectations. With digital gift card sales witnessing massive growth year-over-year, it's clear that tech-savvy consumers today demand instant access to their favorite brands. If your business is looking to tap into innovative new use cases for digital gift cards, then Tillo's award-winning API may be the solution you need.
So, what is a gift card API, and how can it redefine your experience with digital gift cards? Let's take a look.
An API, or Application Programming Interface, is a tool that allows different software platforms to communicate effectively. APIs are the backbone of many popular web applications, enabling functionalities that would otherwise be impossible. For example, travel platforms like Skyscanner leverage APIs to integrate with various airlines and offer their users the best deals.
When it comes to digital gift cards, APIs serve as a bridge, connecting businesses aiming to distribute digital gift cards at scale with the brands that their consumers love. Imagine managing digital gift card programs for hundreds of brands in multiple markets and currencies without handling each relationship individually - sounds terrible, right?
That's the power of a robust gift card API.
Before the advent of gift card APIs like Tillo’s, both brands and gift card buyers had to devote significant resources to managing their contracts, floats, and processes, delays were frequent, and managing extensive spreadsheets was the norm.
Now, thanks to Tillo's gift card API, you can streamline the delivery and management of exciting rewards in real time, allowing you to focus on growing your business while Tillo handles all of the heavy lifting.
If you want to buy digital gift cards in bulk for a one-time occasion, an API might not be necessary. But if your business involves on-demand, real-time delivery of digital gift cards, integrating with a gift card API like Tillo's becomes essential.
A gift card API can help your business:
📥 Deliver digital gift cards instantly upon customer request.
🤝 Manage relationships with multiple retailers across different markets.
🛍️ Regularly expand your brand offerings.
📊 Track and report on customer gift card purchases.
💳 Offer customers open-value gift cards, not just fixed denominations.
⚙️ Avoid maintaining digital gift card stock, saving money, and worries about gift card expiry.
Unfortunately, not all gift card APIs are created equal. To ensure you’re partnering with the best, here are five things to consider:
1. Ease of onboarding: Check the estimated time for API integration and the clarity of the API documentation.
2. Support availability: Ensure that the provider offers adequate support for a smooth integration process, as this will dramatically speed up delivery and ensure a stress-free process.
3. Bank integrations: An API that connects directly with leading banks simplifies financial management. Tillo is the only gift card platform that integrates with leading UK banks for real-time money management and streamlined distribution.
4. Continuous evolution: Top platforms constantly improve their API and platform for superior user experience.
5. Growth plans: Opt for an API provider that continuously adds new retailers to their network, allowing you to expand your offering across global markets.
With a single integration and a single contract, Tillo’s API can connect you to over 2000+ global brands, helping you to surprise and delight your end users with rewards and incentives across 36 countries and in 16 currencies.
But don’t just take our word for it; Giftcloud is using Tillo's API to connect their customers to hundreds of retailers without the need for multiple relationships and tech integrations, resulting in 86% YoY growth!